View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
I bought a 98 Zuma scooter that sat for around 1-2 years! Carb had rock hard varnish in it and the tank was a nightmare! I managed to salvage the carb, mostly because we have a industrial parts cleaner at my job, and I cleaned out the fuel tank 3 times total. Also replaced the fuel filter just because it was cheap and easy to get at. Scooter runs like a top now! Sometimes the plug boot/cap gets a damaged spring holder and does not make good contact. It will stall at idle. My Adly had it break in the first 100 miles. I have it kinda rigged now but it has done around 1000 miles now with no issues. Now, other issue. A weak battery will make it hard to start, sometimes not even letting the starter engage. Did you put a new battery in it or was the one with the scooter still good? At the price you paid it does not seem that bad a deal. Cheapest I ever let a scooter go was $400 for a nice and clean 08 Zuma 2 stroke. Still kicking myself because I wanted $750 obo. Long story but I honored the price. Helped someone out and went to a good home, plus I broke even on the deal. Shop Vac and fuel? Wow, you got LUCKY you didnt blow up!
Yes i have a new battery in it... got a new carb on it a new starter relay (But my start button wont work at all)... i have the ignition coil and the new cdi and a ngk spark plug on the way... if i had to guess i'd say the one i bought also had been sitting at least a year plus... i was in the guys back yard with tons of weeks grown up around it. Also it has no brakes at all... but will deal with that once i get it running good.