Thread: "Old Days"
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #6

I had a MINT 4 door 76 Chevy Malibu. Fridge green with a white interior and white vinyl top. Had the 350 motor with a auto trans, factory air, power steering, power brakes, cruise control and only 71,000 miles. I loved that car so much. Loaned it to a friend who made a illegal u-turn and got smacked by a Suburban. Totaled the car. Bought it back and pulled the motor and trans to help a friend rescue his old truck that needed a motor. When I looked to replace the Malibu I looked high and low for the perfect car to replace it. What did I end up with? A new 93 Toyota Camry wagon. I have no idea why I went with a new car. The Malibu never gave me a issue, it rode super smooth, attracted attention because it sounded great (Flow Masters) and was easy to service. My sister said I just grew up and I think she's right. I also loved that Camry. Now the wife and I are Subaru people. As tempted as we are to get a Brat we passed at 3 that we ran across. We like our Baja more. Again, no idea why we stick with newer /modern cars now.