View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #7

Yeah, the wiring is something else on these bikes, and probably the weakest link. I'm waiting for a warmer day to work on the bike/remove the remnants of the bolt, and install the USB charger/voltmeter that I bought off of Amazon. (I'm going to be sealing all the connectors with ASI388 and heatshrink.)

It turns out that while the Reflex manual specifies 36 ft-lbs for the muffler mount bolts, the YY250T has M8-1.25 bolts, which according to http://www.imperialsupplies.com/pdf/...rqueCharts.pdf
should be torqued to a max of 18.75 ft-lbs. Apparently the reflex had larger diameter bolts there. From now on, I'm not going to rely solely on the manual for torque settings.

I've already exchanged the antifreeze and run the engine for 45 minutes. Burped the lines for the first and second warmup, then closed the radiator cap, and had to add antifreeze the next two warmups - now its not getting low in the overflow tank, so everything seems ok there.

On its center stand, the bike will not get above 50% temp unless I run it constantly over 5000RPM. As soon as I ease off the throttle, it cools down within a minute. It seems that the radiator fan by itself isn't adequate for that rpm, but I expect you'd be going at least 40mph by that time.