View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #3

At this point I have NO idea.
I was able to flush the system TWICE with 5 gallons of water each time. Once I got the darn thing to burp, circulation would start, and then once the fluid in the radiator got hot, the fan would come on and everything seemed ok.
I went ahead and filled the system with coolant, it burped several times, but not before red lining HOT. It seems like once you get ALL of the air out of the lines, the coolant will start to circulate, and when it reaches the radiator, the fan will come on.
That is what happened yesterday.
Thinking that everything was going to be ok, this morning, I started the Scooter and let it idle for about 30 minutes. It NEVER got HOT, and the fan was running.
I decided that I needed to take a ride to fully test things, and to be sure that everything was good. I rode to the local Home Depot, about 3 miles. The temp. guage never went past normal. On the way back home I decided to take it out on the interstate. I got up to around 70 mph. according to my speedometer, and then I exited the highway. The temp. guage NEVER went past normal. I rode for another mile or so, when all of a sudden I noticed that the temp. guage was red lined HOT. I pulled over and turned off the scooter. I noticed then that the fan WAS NOT running. It cooled off rather quickly and I made it home. Home was just a few blocks away.
I had put in a call to Roketa on Friday of last week, when this all began. I was told that someone would get back to me. I just now got off of the telephone with a guy named Travis, from Goldenvale.
He said that it sounds to him like there is still some air in the lines. He also said that if I were to twist the 2 wires that go to the radiators temp switch, it should cause the fan to run all of the time. He also told me, because one of the questions that I had was... What makes the water pump turn? He said that the wate pump is connected somehow, I can't remember, to the drive shaft. It will always turn, and hardly ever goes up. He said that the way a water pump usually goes up is that the seal starts to leak.
So, I guess that my problem isn't the water pump.
So, it must be that there is still AIR in the lines that I have got to BURP OUT!
What do you think?
ANYBODY...

Login or Register to Remove Ads