View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #30

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by techie610 View Post
Pirellis are great tires. You should be pleased with them.
What PSI are you putting them at?|

My girl is the same about the scoot. She wants to ride though, but is scared too try. She doesn't think I should be doing 60 on it, since they are small and such. However, I am a dude. And will I listen to her? Negative.
If I can do 60+mph on it, im good for now. I keep it for the MPGs and the sheer fun.
Plus, if it dies, its only $500 +/-. If my cars die, 1 is near $900 and they other?... I don't know... lol

Glad you got your Speedo working. Might want to GPS again, just to see how far it is off.
My old tires were 36 max psi, so I would keep them at 33, my pirelli's max is 47 and my grandfather insists I don't go higher than 40.

My mother tried riding my scooter once, and within 15 seconds she had ditched it in the side of the road and scraped herself.

I don't have a car just because of those costs, haha. Sure I've put over $200 into my scooter, but it's damn worth it just for reliability's sake. $200 in car parts is nothing, but I've almost rebuilt my scooter now with the little parts I've replaced here and there. According to my mother I've damn near rebuilt the whole thing, but in reality I have yet to even replace the carburetor. My computer processor upgrade cost $200, a measly $70 for a bbk seems like a miraculous deal for some more speed and power.

First I had trouble getting the thing to go over 25, as you've seen from my progress thread. Then I had trouble getting it to takeoff at stoplights. Now I'm just trying to get it to the point that I don't have to go WOT 100% of the time to keep up with traffic. A bbk and performance exhaust should be well worth it if I achieve that goal.

And I'm definitely going to be comparing my speedo to the gps to see exactly how far off it is and if there is some consistency to it at least.
16/50 Performance Gears
Six 9g Dr. Pulley variator slider weights
2k clutch springs
38 Pilot Jet
95 Main Jet
Pirelli SL-26 Tires
10w40 Castrol 4T
A9 Camshaft
Performance exhaust
81.2889cc, 50mm BBK