View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #8

Thumbs Up Waaaahhoooo!

Well set the timing just as it was in the picture. Installed and lapped the valves in the old head, took about 25-30 minutes because I hadn't already removed the intake valve. Put it all back together. Tried to start it and the battery wasn't up to it, so jumped it off and with the extra juice popped right off. Runs like a timex. Real jewel this one.

Questions again though. In general where do the fly weights on these 150cc GY6es engage? On my chinameter it also includes a tach. The fly weights seem to engage on this scoot at about 3-4 grand according to the onboard tach. I got it going real easy like then gave it 2/3 throttle and it ran up about 6 grand as the speed on ran up to 40-45 chinameters. The revs weren't changing but the speed kept increasing. Due to the varator closing up? When I first started it there was a little bogging and hesitation, but after it warmed up, the throttle response was very crisp with the pipe and K&N air filter. Yes, I did rejet. Also in general with these 150cc GY6es what is a safe redline? I'm gonna run it easy for the break in. On a rebuilt engine how many chinameters should break in be? I can tell this one's gonna be alot of fun. Thanks any response guys.
1980 Vespa Ciao
1967 Sears Allstate
Do I continue?

"Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose." Janis Joplin 1943-1970