View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to randscaping
Okay, I'll be trying some new things once old man winter is done with his current fit. I have a new battery and new starter on the scooter. Battery has even been hooked up to a running vehicle with jumper cables and that didn't make any difference. So I will post an update once I try the following:

-disconnect current positive wire that supplies voltage to the starter (removing positive wire spanning from starter solenoid to the starter).

-leave in place the ground wire spanning from the engine valve cover to the chassis since this does both provide negative for the engine(spark) and also a negative lead from the starter back to the battery.

-connect separate positive and negative wires to the battery and route this circuit directly to the starter, connecting the circuit with a momentary push-button switch

Hopefully this direct connection from the battery to the starter will pump enough cranking amps through to let me know I need to work on some wiring within the scooter itself, with focus on the engine ground.

Login or Register to Remove Ads