View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #3

I have taken my time to try different jetting to this carb with different premix blends and tried one of the so called performance air filters.

At 35:1 premix and the performance air filter, I had to open the main jet to .045" and the idle / pilot jet to .0145"

The main jet performs well at this size, and the pilot jet cold starts very easy, however on warm restarts it is a little too rich. Not enough to flood it out, but it does start harder. Perhaps .014" would be better on warm restarts.

Blueboy, While I respect your opinion, I disagree. The sole function of a gasket is to fill the imperfections in the mating surfaces. Originally mechanics "made" gaskets from sheets of cork, then cork/rubber, then paper-

as technology advanced factories produced cut paper gaskets, then along came rtv, and on some applications the mating surfaces are so precise gaskets or sealants are not required.

When the gaskets have proper clamping force applied to them they seal the imperfections in the mating surfaces, and do not come in contact with any fluids that could cause them to fail especially on a 2 stroke where the crankcase holds the air fuel charge.

Login or Register to Remove Ads