View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000st View Post
And the prices for those better quality bikes are going up too so...

It makes little sense that Vespa will be charging almost $5000 for a 150 Primavera when a Yamaha SMax, which clearly outperforms it, is $1200 cheaper. Less sense when you consider that a Piaggio Fly 150 with the same 3-Valve engine is only $2900. Can you say SYM Citicom 300i for $4900?

I agree that "Better Quality" scooter's prices are going up. From what I read on a daily basis over there, I don't know that Vespa is Better Quality.
Those Italians must think they are really something.

BTW Vespa is made by Piaggio. They must think there is some premium using the badge "Primavera" on that Vespa model. I totally agree that charging almost double for something being "dolled up" and IMO hardly justifies that amount, really does not make much sense. I wonder how poorly it really sells.

I don't read over there daily, but when I do... whooo boy! yeah, I know what you mean.
I didn't really state it in my prior post, but when I was talking better quality, (I didn't think about the Italian bikes) I mostly meant the Japanese & Taiwanese bikes. (Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, SYM, KYMCO etc.) And I can't think of the China bike manufacturer off hand that puts out poor quality stuff but the name Dong Fang comes to mind. I don't remember if that is a company or a provence/city where the scooters are made.

I wonder if anyone here would admit to or agree to the notion that there are some Chinese brands that are less than ideal...(or out right terrible)? And say who they are and why?
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me