View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
1) make sure throttle is adjusted correctly. you shouldn't have much play in the throttle cable. You adjust this by using the two nuts on the throttle-cable housing attached to the carb,

2) turn up the idle. The bike should idle around 2000-2200 rpms when cold started, and should drop to 1800 or so after 5 minutes. But right now you just want a fast idle so you can adjust the bike's carb. The idle screw is the screw with a spring on it right that makes contact with the throttle cable.

3) if you have not done so, seat the mixture screw and tun it counter-clockwise (left) 2 and 1/2 turns.

4) let bike run 10 minutes. After bike has remained running for ten minutes, turn mixture crew 1/4 turn to left. wait five seconds, listen for RPM increase. Repeat until rpms do not rise. turn CLOCKWISE 1/2 turn EXACTLY. This is a SLIGHTLY RICH mixture. This is where your mixture should be for optimum performance.

5) set idle using idle screw to 1800 rpms.
i did all that but now the bike does not even stay on? after i changed the carb the bike lasted only 2 days fine and now it doesnt want to stay on, when i let go of the throttle it turns off. too late now, its in the mechanic shop as we speak.