View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #26

Qwertydude, you don't have to be a smart ass about it. I answered most of the questions you asked. You asked if when I pressed both brake handles if the lights go dim again? My problem is that they are always dim. They never get more then about 8 volts at any given time. I have a multimeter, and I know how to use it. The stator is putting out about 15 vac at idle, 26 vac at about 3k rpm, this is of course with the regulator unplugged. On e the regulator is plugged back in my volts on the yellow wire straight from the stator stays right at a out 8 vac, each light plug stays at the same too.

You stated that most 150cc scoots come with a 5 or 6 pin regulator, but this is my 3rd 150cc in the last 4 years and all three of them came with a 4 pin regulator.

The headlights, tail lights, and dash lights all work off AC voltage. They do not work off the battery or DC voltage. They don't work with the engine off. The only things that work of the DC voltage, battery, and/or with the engine not running are the brake lights, turn signals, flashers, and horn.

Don't get me wrong, I Appreciate the help and advice, but if you're going to sling mud at me then thanks but no thanks.