View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandi View Post
Did you replace the temperature sensor?
No, I did not replace the temperature sensor.
First of all the temp. guage on my dash is working fine. This tells me that the temp. sensor at the thermostat housing is working properly. Is my logic correct?
Secondly, the Fan DOES come on, when I can get the HOT coolant to flow back to the radiator.
As things are, the temp. sensor at the bottom of the radiator thinks that the coolant is cold, because NOTHING is circulating. Therefore it doesn't turn on the fan. I have removed the thermostat thinking that with it out of the picture everything will flow freely... NOT !
I can only suspect that I still have some air in the lines somewhere.
I thought that everything was OK after I did the flush and fill.
It burped several times all over the place, the fan came on and the temp guage on the dash read normal. I let it idel for about 30 minutes and the temp. guage read normal.
However, I went for a ride on the Interstate, reaching about 70 mph. for about 2 miles. I exited and rode another mile. I had just thanked GOD for helping me to fix my overheating problem. Then when I stopped at a red light that's when I noticed that the temp. guage on the dash was reading HOT !
Now the fan was NOT running, so I headed back home.
Luckily I was only a few blocks from home, and I made it with no trouble.
I am going to try and burp this thing some more, as soon as the rain here in Baltimore stops. Hopefully tomorrow, or the next day.
Thanks for your response.

Login or Register to Remove Ads