View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 06:50 AM   #1

11.4V full revv - Piaggio fly 125 - REG/Rec or Stator

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and I have signed up for a little advice relating to my piaggio fly 125.

I bought it off a cowboy for £800 only to find that it had a few problems that where not apparent at the buying stage.

After I bought the bike the battery died within a couple of hours. I rang the guy who sold me the bike now he basically told me to funk off.

I nearly did. But instead I got down to solving the problem.

I 1st bought a new battery and a charger and took the bike out for a few hours and the same thing happened. So I bought a multimeter and took readings.

The readings indicate either a bad R/R or a bad gen but I've not stripped the panels yet to test them. I'm hoping a more experienced mind may shed a little light on the actual problem which is why I am here. Would you say these readings show a bad reg/rec or a bad gen/stator. It could just be an earthing issue also.

But from these readings what would you suggest.

The bike is a 2010 piaggio fly 125 with 10k miles on clock , brand new battery fully re-charged every day.

Bike off: 12-13v
Bike on: 12-13v

Bike idle: 11.4v
Bike revving 1-4k: 11.4v no change

Also had a bad main beam light that went out on bumps and back on with a smack on top.

I changed the bulb and cleaned the terminals. Noticed a black sooty point with melted plastic around 1 terminal. Cleaned it up put in new bulb. No problem since...

What do you think guys

Thanks for any info

Login or Register to Remove Ads