View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
Hank why are you sorry? I think it's good that people are required to be licensed to run a motor vehicle on the same road that I am on. I assume/hope that everyone out there is licensed, educated, and capable of responsibly operating the machines that are near me. I am generally an anti-government intrusion kind of guy but traffic laws just make sense. Beyond that if you have lost your license because you have shown your inability to operate a vehicle responsibly or for any other reason (like nonpayment of child support) then you deserve that and shouldn't be able to skirt the law by using a scooter. We wouldn't like the idea of anyone infringing on our rights to the road as a two-wheeled machine (cutting us off or crowding our lane) so we should respect the law as well. Beyond that since the majority of accidents involving motorcycles happen due to rider error, a thorough licensing and educational system is fine by me I like riders and wish them all a long life. Any way sorry to be contrary and thread jack this thread with a tangent but it is what it is.
Hi Rob
I should have worded that differently
Don't get me wrong as I agree with all you've said
I was just trying to convey understanding and courtesy to the member of that post for being the bearer of bad news as it shall impact him and he shall not be able to ride any more unless he can get his license reinstated
To the OP my apologies as well for the highjack
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank