Thread: Tired of Tires
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #24

I hope I am not saying this in the wrong place, as I am not very familiar with forums.... I am going to start riding. I do not yet have my temps (getting them this week), but I picked up a cheap chinese scooter the other day. It is a Shenke YY150T-12 or 4, title says 12, body of the scooter says 4... Anyways, I have been starting it up daily and pushing it to the garage door to do so. (because of fumes). Today, I noticed my rear tire was deflated. Like usual, I hooked up my "Slime" air compressor and proceeded to pump up the tire. Once it was full, I went to remove the compressor hose, and my entire brass stem came off! I have been reading on here, and it seems like I need to replace it with the kind that screws on from inside with a nut. That being said, how do I know exactly what size the hole in the rim is? I plan on buying some pirelli's once I get riding, as my tires have good tread, and I won't be dragging knee while learning to ride! lol I would really appreciate some help with this if possible. Thanks everyone. And feel free to tell me I'm in the wrong place in the forum...