Thread: still lean...
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #13

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertydude View Post
Stock size is 34, it's possible you got a bad stock jet. You should definitely try a new 34 pilot jet.

And also when plug chopping the engine needs to be fully warmed up and up to temperature, usually 15 minutes of riding.
Is there any reason to avoid a larger idle jet? I'll order up a #35 from absolutelyscooters and see what happens since that's what they have in stock and they're the first ones I found that offer the extended length idle jet for easier starts. But I still don't understand the reasoning if my current setup seems fine, is there some chance I'm running too rich at 1/8 throttle?

The first few plug chops consisted of a five minute warm up in idle and a ten minute drive at WOT. The last plug chop was a longer drive because my mother asked me to go to the store for her - I got much better results with the longer drive, that's for sure. Sadly it just so happens that a lot of roads were flooded around town so I was confined to a small strip of road on 120 since my speeds are too high to do WOT around the neighborhood anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buford1488 View Post
95....but to me thats reall clean....not that bad...but thats just my opinion.....
Clean, or lean? It may just be your opinion, but I value your opinion Buford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
That's still very lean. You could try covering a bit of the air filter with some e-tape. I've found that a cone-style paper filter on my 90cc BBK 139 w 95 jet works best 3/4 covered with e-tape.
You think so? I've been running a restricted free flow filter for months now because I didn't have the proper jets. Millsc says I shouldn't have to go over 95 with jets and I'm trying to get the best performance possible - won't the restriction hinder that? I mean... the tip of my spark plug is white from my hotter coil, but the base is coffee colored - isn't that what I'm looking for?

In any case I'm ecstatic that I can almost hit 60mph now. I'll try a smaller idle jet for some reason, but otherwise I'm liking my setup so far.

Thanks for the input, Y'all!
16/50 Performance Gears
Six 9g Dr. Pulley variator slider weights
2k clutch springs
38 Pilot Jet
95 Main Jet
Pirelli SL-26 Tires
10w40 Castrol 4T
A9 Camshaft
Performance exhaust
81.2889cc, 50mm BBK