View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 11:44 AM   #2

53mph, thats not bad for a stock Jonway 150. What brands do they offer for a Jonway? We use Malossi variators on our builds. All a performance variator does is optimize ramp angles for max power and speed, and some work better than others. TST makes a multi ramp variator but it kept snapping belts on my Zuma 125. A over-range variator will only work with a matching over-range rear pulley, and most require the removal of the electric starter. Over-range variators also use a longer belt, normal performance variators use the stock belt. If you end up finding a aftermarket performance variator just reuse the stock belt. As crazy as this sounds, on our tuned 70cc Zuma motors we have had the best luck and longevity out of the OEM belts. Note that once you start tuning and understanding what does what it becomes like a drug. You will then be tuning roller weights, torque spring, engagement springs (aka-clutch springs), clutch bell weight. So, if the price is fair on the Jonway and its in good shape, buy, tune and enjoy! I have a friend selling a powder blue Genuine Buddy 125. It has a carb issue that needs to be ironed out (long story, I know the history of the scooter). If you are even remotely insterested PM me and I will give you the lowdown. I sold it to him for $500. May be able to get it back for the same price. Its in MINT condition.

Last edited by sc00ter; 08-24-2017 at 10:15 AM.