Thread: EFI Kit
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 07:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
I just can't see justifying the cost and trouble of EFI on a GY6 engine. It is what it is, a simple reliable, durable engine made for basic transportation. If you want to level up there are better ways.

I stayed away from EFI on my drag truck for most of those reasons. Made the swap and only regretted not doing it sooner.

The problem with every gy6 kit I've seen is it's a hodge podge of parts that only somewhat work. The market isn't there for anybody to really design a good kit from the ground up that works well. The last kit that dropped I had high hopes but at the end they cheapen out and it shows with tuning problems and reliability issues. They claimed they designed their kit but in the end it's just one that already has known problems that they stuck their sticker over the other name and higher price tag on it. Nobody want to pay $400+ for a EFI kit that does work any better than a carb when you can just buy a new carb for a fraction.

Buggy depot has been working on one I think might be a game changer if it ever releases. Then again if it evers, they will not put their name on anything until every last kink worked out and it is truly bolt on and play. Been their toy project for the last 8 or so years I think. They are doing their own machining, building/programing the computer. The sensors and injector are the only off the shelf items.