View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #33

A cracked/broken air box is a death wish to ANY motor, but its extra bad for a 2-stroke because they are so sensitive to everything being correct. Pattern replacement air boxes are the way to go. Scootertuning.ca and sometimes Scooter Swap Shop have them for good prices. Or get a OEM one for a bit more. Don't be tempted to get one of those pod style air filters, they require jetting changes. Stick with stock or pattern replacement. If its just the elbow that looks cracked, that's normal. The rubber coating on the elbow flakes from age/heat and makes it looked cracked.

Be careful when tightening down the head screws. I forgot the torque vale but it needs to be done at the correct torque/evenly so the head doesn't warp.

It you had a broken reed it wouldn't even start. So your'e fine on the reeds. Plus, the reed cage is a PITA to seal when re-installing. So any reason not to remove it is good.

That sound you hear is a new one to me. Never had a noise like that.

My Zuma is still in a million pieces. But typing to you has kinda motivated me to get it sorted and put back together.

Again, good luck on figuring it out. Asked around to the lowrider guys and they don't know anyone who messes with "mopeds". Worth a shot though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads