View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #37

I put a tad of grease around the carb lip to help it slide in. They (intake/reed assembly) tends to get a bit hard with age. But it can be done relatively easy. I also hate the air filter box back onto the carb. You have to make 100% sure its seated or it sucks in raw air. One of the WORSE air filter assemblies to put back on is a OEM PUCH moped air filter. Worse vehicle, 80's era Toyota Vanwagon.

I think she ditched the cross country trip as of now. One of her sisters lives in Oakland, and a friend in a band lives across the bridge. It's funny, I'm in my late 40's and she's in her mid-60's and we know so many grindcore and hardcore/pink band members. Those are the fun, interactive concerts! This Covid needs to leave so we can resume going to fun shows again!

Quick thing to point out. Sometimes the kickstarter gear will stick a bit when coming back up. It will start with a tingling sound and get worse as its ignored. Next time you kick it, pull the kick starter up with your foot. I don't think thats even remotely your issue but you never know.....