View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #4

Pissed

Since I started this thread, I have recently solved the misfiring problem. But a new one has cropped up. I did a test ride yesterday, and she purred like a kitten. I parked her in the garage overnight, and now I can get my scooter to start. The motor turns over, and she's getting fuel, because I smell it coming out of the exhaust. I thought "Ok she's either flooded, or there's no spark."...I pulled the plug out, and put a spark tester on the plug lead. and it's getting a good strong spark. Changed the plug again, thinking I may have a defective Plug, But it still sparked with a strong blue arc. So it's not ignition. I checked all my vacuum lines, because the fuel pump is vacuum powered. The pump itself is working, because I got a strong spray of fuel. The timing seems to be correct.

But this Chinese POS still won't Start. when it was running fine yesterday.

I'm dreading the next possibility, But Could it be Rings?
If so, This engine it mounted in such a way that I'll have to pull it out of the bike for tear down. I'm not afraid of the work, It's the expense I'm worried about. If its the rings, the cylinder may be scored, and pieces of Piston ring may be in the crankcase. Which all us mechanics know that this can utterly destroy an engine. If this is the case. then it will be a long time before I cant ride again. I've been out of work due to a back injury. and I'm on temporary disability, so money is not coming in at the moment.