View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 04:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
I had a Qlink Commuter 250 at one time. Helix clone in looks only. I normally put 10,000 a year on my scooters but the Qlink only had 5000 miles in 2 years! Donated it to the thrift store. Anyways, I had the rings give up at 2300 miles. Oil pump went right after that was fixed. Then the water pump failed. My relay block melted also, 200 miles from home! The whole 2 year warranty I think I rode it maybe 5 months total, scattered around its break-down habits. Spent the rest of the time in the shop. If your rings went, you do not have to pull the motor. It can be taken apart in the scooter. I have seen 300cc replacement cylinders for the Qlink/CF Moto but the quality is not the best. Now I heard a rumor that a Honda Helix cylinder will work but it requires a bit of modding from what I understand. Do a compression test first. I also had a CDI "misfire", or a slight delay. The spark looked good but it was not sparking in time to the motors revolutions. The part was cheap but took awhile to arrive in the mail from Qlink. That problem was FUN to diagnose! Thank goodness for high end digital timing guns!
Thanx sc00ter. If what you say is true, I think I'm going to just junk this bike, just found a Honda elite for sale down the street. I think its time I ask him what he wants for it.