View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
Because the non-BBk'ed 50's DON'T go 50mph! Hell, even a fully modded BBK'ed to 83cc doesn't do 50mph. People serious have no idea. Many times I have seen other 150ccs, and EVERY rider says they "easily do 75-80mph" because they take what their speedo says as fact.

My bike has FULL mods save for a BBK, and it does 65mph on the flats as per GPS. Lighter bikes (mine is a type-23 style) may go 1 to5 mph faster with mods, but no stock gy6 can even touch me.

One of my club members swears his type-04 (handsome boy) 50cc with BBK and full mods does 70 mph (like SWEARS!) and even our old beater type-04 150cc smokes his bike.

Most mods WILL NOT increase your top speed, they just increase acceleration to THE SAME top speed it had stock.

A stock 150cc gy6 w 13" wheels goes 50 to 55mph top speed. You can tune it out to about 60mph with careful mods.

As for what to do; read my sig, and do those mods, you'll get the same results. Don't listen to people about bigger carbs, as bigger than 24mm are simply over-carbed and aren't making more power, just running rich and wasting fuel. A gy6 157qmj likes 24mm w 105 to 115 main jet, any more is way too much.
Hi Tommy
Spectre could hit a high of 55 mph with all the bells and whistles
http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52763
And April has hit a high of 63mph

Sr 50 top speed by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank