View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #9

Another problem I recently realized as to my sudden lack of performance and bogging and everything! I put 87 octane which is the lowest grade here in NC not thinking anything about it. So, now the darn thing struggles to get past 25mph, but when it does it screams. So I will be taking my scoot and gas can to the local gas station tomorrow, and draining the gas into the can, whilst filling up with 93 octane.

Do I need to completely drain everything or will simply draining from right before the fuel filter be ok? It's the best way I can think to do it straight to my can. I think to myself as it does idle just fine, might need a couple revs on a cold start as I just brought it in the car port due to T-Storm incoming. I hope I'm on the right track with an OK system because a lot of this has been trial and error and a huge learning experience for me.

Also, my neighbor bought the same moped I have, same engine etc. But it's a little different, nothing major. We pulled his spark plug to put in mine since his doesn't run, and the darn thing looked like it had been knocked! Needless to say, I couldn't use it. So it appears he's having block trouble.

If it won't start but gets spark what kind of head/cylinder/camshaft problems could come from it?? Doesn't look like it's been wrecked at all.