View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Phase One Complete!

At 300 miles phase one of two of my bbk break in is complete!

So I did my second BBK Oil change today. I hit 300 miles total on the bbk and everything is going great imo. After upjetting and getting the uni there's a noticable difference in just about everything, torque, acceleration, overall power and performance. My MPG seems to have suffered of course but I haven't measured the before and after so all I can do is guess. I think my variator weights might be limiting me because I can no longer go over 45mph on flats ever since I got the koso variator and swapped to 9g weights, I think I could stand to go down to 8 or 7, but I'm still not sure of the safe range of weights for a koso variator and bbk.

I dumped the oil from my last oil change into a coffee container and took it to the local oil change place and they got rid of it for me for free. While doing so I noticed all the metal shavings that I've been looking for this whole time. It appears that there was some metal shavings from my 100 mile oil change, just not a lot and I couldn't pick them up with a magnet (even though the inside of my cylinder wall reacts to magnets )

I'll be taking pictures of the oil and metal bits in a little bit.
16/50 Performance Gears
Six 9g Dr. Pulley variator slider weights
2k clutch springs
38 Pilot Jet
95 Main Jet
Pirelli SL-26 Tires
10w40 Castrol 4T
A9 Camshaft
Performance exhaust
81.2889cc, 50mm BBK

Login or Register to Remove Ads