View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #45

From 30+ years in the Medical field...I will say that yes about 10% of the population is Red/Green color blind. This rarely if EVER occurs in females. Now I will interject a bit of my Native American teachings that are Wildlife Biology supported. In nature you will notice most female animals are well camouflaged decorated in earth tones..this helps them blend in and guard their offspring....while the male of the species is very colorful. For example Pheasant,Ducks,Partridge,Hawks,Eagles,Song birds and the list goes on...with the exception of Deer,Bear,Felines and a few others whose offspring are born with an earth blending color for protection. In the case of Bears, Felines and several others..they need not be of an earth blending color for they are the very predators at the top of the food chain. The males of most species need not complete color vision as they themselves are the brightly colored ones...whose colors and mating ritual is what attracts the female for breeding purposes. While at a greater risk by being so colorful it does not upset the balance of nature as one male can mate with several females producing plenty of broods of offspring.(Gee sounds like something we see on the Maury Povich show huh?) Should his bright colors keep him from concealment and an easy target for predators...it does not matter for another male can replace him in the reproductive cycle. Oddly human males are not of bright colors...but then again we are also at the top of the predator/food chain. How does this apply to the OP and all other posts on it...not really sure. I am just a plethora of trivial crap as my gf tells me. But that is because I do my best to view things from another perspective..satisfy my curiosity and try my best to understand the nature of animals and humans. Hence my name..Yayiima benatigee...meaning in touch with nature or blends with nature. There will be no homework for tonight's biology lesson..however you will now be more aware of...the colors of human and animal nature.