View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #22

Yesterday I drilled and mounted the hitch connection for my single wheel trailer onto a rear spoiler/passenger hand grab that I got for dirt cheap off of ebay for the Silverwing scooter. (scratched up a bit, but I didn't care... I'm going for utility here) Besides, the rest of the bike has that patina and roughed up skin from actually being used as the workhorse it is. It has character. Not the prettiest little pony I've owned, but darn sure is the hardest worker.

And then today, no pics, but I changed a couple removable connections so that I can use my single wheel trailer with my Silverwing scooter. They were originally set up to work with My Reflex scooter, but the 2007 Reflex that used to pull the trailer is the subject of a streamlining project and so it is not being used to tow the trailer any more.

I never did much like doing electrical work on the bike because it is so tedious at times. All that unwrapping of sticky gummy tape to get at wires so that they can be reassigned to the proper connector pins. That and making darned sure wires are going to where they are supposed to. Check wire about 4X, cut, splice, check again, next wire, etc, etc, then check it all again. (don't want to burn anything) Test it, wrap it, try it again. OK. Put the tools away. Didn't have to do anything over, got it right the first time.

OK now the wiring is all good to go for the trailer lights plus the auxiliary lights that can be set atop stuff on the passenger seat. The tail lights on the bike are partially obscured by the trailer so the aux lights are needed. The tiny little lights down low on the trailer are pretty much cosmetic IMO. I really need to something with the tail lights that makes it safer... more visible.... A future project. (and I'll add pics of that project)

Actually, here is a pic with the extra set of lights on top of the stack O' stuff on the back seat of my 2007 Reflex. It got rearranged just a little bit so it could be seen better before I took off from here. Down on the ground behind the rear wheel is the shredded drive belt that got changed on the side of the road...... Yeah, lucky me....exit 13 LOL!! But it was more than luck.... that I was prepared with a spare drive belt and the tools to do the job some 700 miles from home.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me