View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #4

Oh, yes ... where are my manners. Welcome!

I wanted to share a personal experience. I purchased my ZNEN 150 last spring from a local dealer. I'm glad that I did rather than buying direct and having it shipped to my door. Here's why.

After the customary wait time - a little longer, actually - I received a call from the dealer. Bad news. My new scoot had arrived, but it had been crushed in shipping. Since it was shipped from China and there were multiple companies involved, there was little accountability. The dealer took the blow for it because it was shipped to him. The second scoot came in and was also damaged. Same scenario. The third one was passable.

The lesson for me was that if I had ordered direct it would have been up to me to deal with the hassle of compensation and returns and all of that headache. As it was, all I had to deal with was the wait. I don't know if Jason was compensated for the bad bikes, but I do know he's using at least one of them for parts.

The other advantage is that the dealer - who presumably knows much more about the product than the average consumer - is able to do a thorough PDI before you ever sit on the bike. I like that, too.

The Chinese bikes are, from what I read, much better than they used to be. I've been very happy with mine so far.

Hey, look what that idiot said!