View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 01:25 AM   #1

Engine ID help. Liquid cooled 1P57

I need help identifying this engine. It isn't in a scooter, but it appears to be a modified gy6 out of one. It's in a surfango jet kayak. Surfango isn't around any longer, not that they'd help me identify it if they were...

Anyway, it appears to have a gear reduction installed where the original transmission bolted to the case. The drive shaft to the impeller comes directly off the reduction. It also has the engine mounting ears in a spot unlike any other gy6.

The reason I'm trying to identify it is because I can't get this thing to run right. To make a very long story short, I think it has some internal issues that is causing it to have very little power. I installed a new cdi, rectifier, coil, and re-wired everything with new weatherpack connectors. The old cdi and rectifier were definitely bad. It only likes to run without a load. Jetting is correct and the electric choke operates as it should.

I would like to get a completely new engine and install this gear reduction and side cover if I can figure out exactly what it is.

Login or Register to Remove Ads