View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 01:05 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Ducati was still building motorcycles on dirt floors before being bought-out in the early 2000's. Those certain Italian owners are the same people who purchase Prada and other fashion icons. Give me a decent pair of Wrangler jeans and cheap t-shirts and I'm fine! Vans shoes did drop in quality over the years and are no longer worth the money but I starting wearing J&M shoes because they're comfy and last a long time.

Concerning that Italian brand its only as good as the mechanics that fix them. My semi-local Piaggio dealer has a terrible service side. They just wanna throw parts at a problem because no one knows how to read the P.A.D.S. diagnostics computer. Then they do sloppy work on top of everything. I still go on that forum and its always "Scooter won't start." because the chip reader for the key dies or "Check engine light is on." for any number of reasons. Vespa scooters have gotten to complicated in my opinion.

I want a Royal Alloy 300. I'm still trying to find out who makes the motor for them. The fact that they have had them in England for awhile, and they flog any and all scooters there, and the RA300 has held up is a good sign. I use my scooters for main transportation. Roughly 35 miles a day in all weather and temps. I do chicken out if it snows though! Reliability is of utmost importance.
I don't know who builds the motor for Royal Alloy 300, maybe Hanway actually does it themselves. All I do know is that it's a Pre HPE Vespa engine built under license from Piaggio.

What I also do know is that a Royal Alloy 300 finished the 2023 Scooter Cannonball while a whole bunch of 300 Vespas didn't. Take from that what you will. I would think a Genuine dealer would be more reliable given the reputation of their scooters.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.