View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Terri
Maybe so But i was was of that rare breed that faced their enemy personally not just from shipboard
Your familiar with these im quite sure

CH C by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Hank awesome..did not know that about you my friend. Many think we Navy are just ship bound. Not so...many of us are 'Ground Pounders" 2nd Battalion 6th Marines...3rd Battalion 6th Marines...3rd Battalion 4th marines...8th Combat Engineers and my final a fave duty... 2nd Force Recon.Did one stint on the USS John C Stennis CVN74..precommed that ship. Worst 3 years of my life..no grass or dirt for cover in case of incoming fire...and walking on steel decks is hard on the feet and knees.Not to mention all night flight ops with F18..F14's and Helo's launching during your 2-3 hours allotted sleep at night. Also we trained with 101st Airborne...and one SEAL Team that taught us cover,concealment,Land NAV and Night Ops. Parachuted 3 times with 101st Airborne.. Ok let me rephrase that with honesty... Was PUSHED out of a plane 3 times with 101st Airborne wearing a Parachute.(All wise Squids know you don't jump out of a perfectly good airplane..that is for emergency purposes only!) 2nd Force Recon...our snipers were ONE HARDY group... departing our unit at night and spent 3-4 days no food or water(except what they found edible) on their bellies in the prone position the whole time..never standing up! Training with the SEALS was fun..talk about pranksters!! Sneak in at night..capture our night watchmen..confiscate ammo and unguarded weapons and ammo..disable our vehicles and destroy our food supply(But hell MRE's are already destroyed..some real nasty constipate you for a week food as you know) One day will send you a pic of my Ghillie suit a 2nd Class SEAL taught me to make....took 3 weeks in the field to make it. My most prized possession... from my service. With cover scent while deer hunting they have walked within 10 feet of me...were a bit jittery and nervous...yet clueless... When it comes to Special Forces..I can no longer watch old episodes of Macgyver...pfft too fake and a mere Amateur he was Sir...