View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 06:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
A little bit of coolant on the wires is NOT responsible for the lack of high beams.
Check the connectors at the high beam/flash to pass switches, and the connector under the front cowling that powers the lights.
Having said that, there is also the possibility that the high beam filaments are out, but (on a Chinese scooter) my money is on the shitty factory wiring.

As for the CVT, have you taken off the bell housing and examined the centrifugal clutch? Someone else may be able to shed more insight as to why the idle is all over the place.
Well... coolant isn't exactly water, and I can only imagine residue being left behind after some of the water evaporates. I may be mistaken to mention this memory, but I do recall the lights turning on on their own after spilling some coolant. Parton my naivety, but Could CDI need replacing?
Also I did check the filaments and they are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebuddy View Post
Sounds like the belt isn't running smoothly over the clutch assembly. Perhaps something hinky with the clutch itself or something in the gear box that's not turning properly at low rpm but does OK at higher RPM? As for the electrical issue, that's one thing I understand least. ;-)
Good call, I tightened the nuts on both variators and it seemed like it helped with noise. It must have been a bit loose. I haven't gone for a test ride yet so I will return with an update soon.
Also I replaced the gasoline and the bike seemed like it was running much better. The gasoline had to have been a few months old and lost a significant amount of octane.