View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #20

Here's one for you!

My buddy,Ackworthpatrick on the Auto Moto forum has 40,000 miles on his Auto Moto trike! It's a gy6 150ZK that its out 9 hp mostly standard the only mods,performance orange CDI,Coil and wire, NGK plugs. And ,it's still going strong commuting every day. In fact he's considering doing the upcoming Cannonball Run.
There aren't many gy6 engines achieving that kind of milage in the USA, a few top that in Japan and China.

Cannon Ball Test Run this weekend =-)
So I did my first mock cannon ball test run yesterday, left at 8am and rode 263 miles in total returning home at 10pm. It was an awesome day and I rode through several small towns in GA, TN and AL. I made this loop without ever being more than 90 miles from home at the max since it was essentially a big circle. I had 0 trouble with the bike and rode at 50 on roads like the 30 minutes I uploaded for more than 50 miles at a time. Bike averaged 63.4mpg. Never used any oil and seemed to handle the abuse well.

One thing I noticed is after an hour of steady 50mph I'd get a pop in the exhaust as I slowed to a stop but otherwise it was just perfect. I was quite pleased honestly and it exceeded my expectations in every way. My arse however is sore LOL!!!!! I took lots of video and can upload more if anyone cares to see it, but it was basically more of this same thing. This run gives me alot more confidence in the idea that this bike can handle it.

Patrick
2010 Automoto w/ 39,000 miles
2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/ 8200 miles
http://www.everythingautomoto.com/

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by savy09; 02-07-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: remove video link