View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

New joiner saying "hello".....,

Hello!

I'm a 27 year old engineer from Yorkshire UK, I'm just getting into scooters as an ultra cheap commuting vehicle. I've gone for a Pulse Lightspeed 2, as its cheap, doesn't look too ugly, and I did my CBT on a Pulse Scout 50, that had done about 5k miles, been dropped a few times, and generally abused by learners, and was still running, so I'm happy with Pulse as a manufacturer.

From flicking through the interwebs, it seems there's two distinct groups of opinions WRT Chinese peds: one groups owns them, mostly finds them ok, and has found a couple of problems that are easily solved. And the other group has absolutely no experience of them and instantly assumes that "made in china=rubbish". I'm not really interested in hearing from the second group.

The few common problems I've gleaned from the interwebs about the LS2 have been: rollers flattening off if not bedded in properly before "ragging it", an unidentified squeak from the back end (usually caused by cheap brake pads, but can be suspension pivots) and vacuum lock in the fuel tank.

Does anyone know of any regular niggles with Pulse bikes, specifically the Lightspeed 2? Any other general "ped care" tips would be greatly welcomed also!

Thanks for your help,
Ian.

Login or Register to Remove Ads