View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 10:50 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
We had a Keeway dealer when scooters first made a comeback. Genuine was still PGO, that's how long ago it was! Keeway made some good stuff back then. Plastics that weren't brittle, metal didn't corrode after one riding season and the seats had nice thick vinyl. And they were reliable. But no one carries them anymore. Shame as I would like to see that new 300cc in person.

Right now Italica is the new brand being sold in my area. Bintelli as well (remember, I almost bought a Scorch 150cc for a commuter) and obviously Tao Tao and Ice Bear. I don't care for the last 2 brands but if you stay on top of one they are doable. So that's what is dominating my roads right now. It seems most scooter sales are based on lowest price possible around here. Not a bad thing if the quality is there.
I don't understand Keeway becoming the distributor of Benelli at all. Keeway is a subsidiary of Qianjiang, the maker of QJ Motors and Benelli who are distributed by SSR Motors.

And yes, I heard back in the dark ages around 2008 that Keeway builds good stuff. The parent company, Geely, is a huge company with vast resources so they should have a handle on quality.

Read on to see how big.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geely
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.