Thread: reintroduction
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #17

48, twice divorced English teacher in Mexico. No kids that I know of. I have my own school. I'm a former US Army Infantry buck sergeant but don't look it at all ... not even when I was one. Some said I looked like a little boy playing at being a soldier. After the service, Whittier College (best known as Richard Nixon's alma mater - I roomed in his old room, I was told) accepted me and I graduated in 1992. I have also studied at the University of Copenhagen and the University of Granada (Spain, unfinished PhD). In 1996, I took a job as lecturer in English as a Second Language (ESL) at the University of Baja California, Tecate campus. While there, I also taught English morphology and English phonetics and phonology to current and future English instructors in Tecate and Tijuana. I have also taught Shakespeare on various occasions and am doing so now.

My hobbies include the occult, digital photography (two Nikon D60s with Nikkor prime lenses), and now, GY6 scooters. I'm not a drunk, but I enjoy stouts, Jack, single-malt Scotch, Cinzano, and wine (I have a motorcycle license and could legally drive a cage if I chose to do so). I wander abroad whenever I can scrape enough money together. I love music of all types except most country (I do like Patsy Cline, some Willie Nelson, one Freddy Fender tune, and kd lang), most jazz (I like Billie Holiday), and all reggaeton. I love AC/DC and blues (Robert Johnson), but most closely identify with punk in the form of the Ramones, Sex Pistols, X, and now Le Butcherettes from Guadalajara, Mexico ( ). As a teen, I caught a bunch of shows at the Whiskey A Go-Go on Sunset Strip.

I acquired my first two-wheeled conveyance in March 2011: my current scoot, Ilse, a 2011 Italika WS150 manufactured in China (of course) by Loncin. I had previously rented a scoot in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, and rode that along the Caribbean coast almost the whole way to Panama.

I've learned a whole lot about scoots since joining Scootdawg in October of last year. Folks here are amazing and generous and I couldn't be more appreciative. Now, to begin the task of transferring my bookmarks over.

(Best I can do without resorting to thumbnails: http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/...ps675e0468.jpg)

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment[/SIZE]

Last edited by loncindawg; 01-24-2013 at 09:12 PM.