View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #28

-> Start rant.

I don't ever really pay attention to the male or female thing because one can never really tell for sure who is what and it really doesn't matter anyway. I help if I can and try not to repeat info somebody else has already given unless there is some point of it needing expansion. No need for that OH, OH, OH, ME TOO nonsense.

By and large people ask things because they are not sure or they don't know and need help. We don't advance our position or the pleasure of scootering when disparaging comments, threatening with malice, giving willful misinformation or other such harsh nastiness are projected at ANY member, new or not. And vulgar name calling is just flat out juvenile and a total waste of text space.

It is OK to attack the IDEA but not the person is the main point that should be applied to "disagreements". Beating a dead horse to death is unproductive as well, though revisiting subjects with a modicum of sanity with the REAL intent of enlightenment is a worthy act. We do tire of testosterone wars and pissing contests though. (at least I do)

And please, if you don't absolutely know a thing for sure and to be able to save face if you end up being wrong about it, then end each idea with "IMO"
Facts and truth are what they are, but opinions allow for some latitude. "IMO" gives a person a defensible position in an argument of the merits of a point in question. In other words: "OK, so I'm wrong. But I did say it was JUST my opinion and not stated as fact".
And there is no shame admitting you were wrong. People will likely respect you more for that in spite of what the natural feeling of weakness conceding may bring to you.

But jeez, can't we all just get along?
-> End rant

Sorry, but sometimes I just go on and on. It's OK to tell me if I'm being too long winded.... I tend to do that .... just so you all know. After working 33 years in psych, I've been called just about everything under the sun and can spot crazy (and BS too) however subtle it may be from a mile away. Been pretty good at helping folks separate fantasy from reality. Could work here too.....maybe.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me