View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykdavid View Post
I found a wire with to white and green ends connected to each other dangling near the radiator. I plugged them into the radiator they fit but not sure whats + or - . now when I turn the key all I hear is the fuel pump. (no fan) maybe that's fixed?

I also cleaned the starter last night. [THE SPRINGS WHERE A B!TCH TO PUT BACK IN!!!]

My biggest problem right now is getting it fired up again. I turn the key to the on position, the fuel pump comes on then when I hold down the break and push the start button.. CLIIIIIIIIIIICK.

Maybe by plugging it in, it was fixed. But I thought you said the fan was working. Does that mean you for sure heard it running before you connected the wires into the plug on the radiator? What is your temp gauge doing now? (even though it's cold & not running but with the key turned on?)

On my bike the fan switch only has one wire going to it (Green) and my temp sender has two separate wires to it. (brown & white) (near the top of the radiator, but yours may be different somehow so don't expect yours to be exactly the same.) Mine is a Honda which very well may be different than yours in that way - you might look for your temperature sender there near the top of your radiator too. You might want to unplug those stray wires from the plug on the radiator again until you get a better idea about your starter. Those wires may not be correctly placed and could be running the battery down.

That cliiiiiick noise is coming from the starter and/or the solenoid and often is a symptom of a low battery. Or maybe you re-assembled the starter a little out of adjustment.

You could jump start it from a car battery, BUT! the car MUST BE TURNED OFF. Too much voltage comes from a running car and could ruin your electrics. If it still won't turn over when you do that then undo what you did with the starter and carefully put it back together paying close attention to the brushes (the things the springs push onto the contacts on the starter motor shaft) and the springs.

If anyone else here has a MC-13-250 or other scooter from this manufacturer, then It would be helpful to take a quick peek at the wires to the radiator fan and let us know what you see. Most things are often done the same or in a very similar way by a manufacturer on bikes of the same type though they're of different sizes.

Good luck with your repairs.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me