View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
I can say if I was riding for liesure I might be a lot less critical. Bikes that are ridden daily need to be comfortable, durable, reliable, and capable of keeping up with traffic.
Well, I learned the hard way 'reliable' and 'keeping up with traffic' are two different things. My first engine had 4g weights, pod filter and a Gama exhaust. Yeah, it was really keeping up with traffic and was revving like hell, but lasted only 9000 km. Well, thank to its first owner also. Now I go with 7g sliders, rich on the main and two days ago I also put back my stock air box. I lost a bit of kick, but I gained a silent and reliable scooter, that revs low, it's powerful enough for my every-day rides to work and back (50 kilometers in total), but not enough to compete with every nervous BMW driver, I'd say 'keeps up with most of traffic'. You can't expect more from a 50cc if you want it to live forever and have a good MPG.
50cc 139QMB, 7g sliders, manual petcock w/ transparent lines, Naraku CDI, Naraku belt, high output racing coil, 18.4mm CVK clone w/ #85 mj and #38 idle, needle @ leanest, OEM pipe mod, Kenda tires, NGK Iridium, lots of LED mods, 2.61L/100km (90 MPG)