View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #12

I seem to recall some time ago that when you flipped over something cheap, often it had made in Japan stuck on the bottom. Then the Japanese got their poop together and started doing things right to be able to compete successfully in expanding global trade. Now you see their history of dominating in electronics, robotics, and automotive industries. They are a small country... so they have to try harder since they don't have a cheap labor force supply. Mostly for now that works for them. Helps that they have a culture that makes them a driven society. (that got them into pretty bad trouble once though) But it's getting to be an old country now... A third of the population is 60 or older which is a set up for a rather abrupt change in the way things are there.

It just looks like the Chinese have a tendency to laziness and are willing to get by for now just copying stuff... lots of stuff, with quantity over quality as the mode of operation so long as that works out for them. After all, there is plenty of cheap labor for them to use so there is little incentive to change and improve on current practices. They are opportunists taking advantage where they can. So maybe that just gives the appearance of being lazy. Don't know how much their culture plays into that but they do seem to have a history of just overwhelming things with sheer numbers. (with a Khan do attitude)

In spite of that, it seems that some over there are paying attention... for some things anyway. A lot of places around the world will be in trouble if or when they ever take the notion of copying quality to heart. Then it will be no more junk made in the factories in Kow-Dung China.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me