View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertydude View Post
It's always a balancing act when jetting. You need to experiment with needle heights too. If you're bogging too rich on the top end with one jet but acting lean while accelerating it means you need to lower a jet size on the main jet and raise the needle one clip higher.

But to me it sounds like you can't trust your drilled jet. Get a real 95 and 100 main jet and you'll probably be better off. Then after experimenting with each one see how it behaves at partial throttle.

Is this a stock size carb or an oversize? Because one thing is for sure going with an oversize carb can create a situation like you have, a very difficult to tune midrange. When going oversize carbs you end up with basically an on/off switch instead of a throttle.
Thanks....carb is stock 19mm standard Minarelli QJ type. never had a problem jetting those nit picky 2T's in my life...this one wants to challenge me. I have to agree..getting a 'real' #95 and #100 will take away some of the probs..for is the drilled #100 made with a 1mm drill..really 100?...no way of finding out...so new 'real' jets it is.
@terrilee....you may not want me...I am fat n ugly...ewww...you would need about 20 of these before you would even talk to me.....