View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #11

Snooz Bike ordered...

Well, I finally made the plunge and ordered my bike. After extensive reading and pondering, I chose the Roketa MC-54b. First choice of blue, with second being silver. I hope they ship the blue. This was after a thourough reading through all 14 pages of earlwb's Roketa experiences thread on the old ScootDawg site:

http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...cc&thread=7135

His pics make the bike look a lot bigger than I would have thought. I'm 6' and ~180lbs, so I don't think this bike will have any trouble running me around. Just waiting for the slow boat to arrive with my giant crate o' bikey awesomeness. Free gloves FTW!

Now to scheduling my state-mandated motorcycle safety class. There is only one local place offering the class, and since there's no competition, they charge the maximum state-allowed price. Class sizes are limited and book fast, so it will be June before I can get through that. Also, going to be looking for a local shop to select a helmet (full-face). Going to Academy tonight to pick up a pair of boots for riding; I have a gift card I received as a B-Day gift this spring to put toward those.

I've been reading the full PDI process and will need to purchase fresh fluids in advance. I'll need to start getting a stash of parts together for repairs. I've got a shop building with plenty of tools (inlcuding the Harbor Freight electric torque wrench) and know-how to start digging into it as soon as it's delivered. I think I want to make the switch over to the K&N filter EarlWB described in his thread.

I have a mechanic friend with a full shop; I'll check with him next time I see him to see if he has the setup to replace a motorcycle tire so I can swap valve stems which are said to be a problem on this bike. If I'm already breaking it down, I may just go ahead and replace the rear tire with a better quality one.