View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

Have had about 9 street motorcycle crashes. 1 slow speed, wet street, new tire on my Busa. Rear slid out from under me. Wasn't doing more than about 6 mph as I had just started from a red light making a left turn. I was in BDU's (military attire), Joe rocket full racing jacket, and helmet with of course my military issued boots. I wasn't injured at all but had a scratch from the pavement on my helmet. Sent it to Shoei and they said my $1100 RF1000 Duhamel replica was toast. Insurance bought me a new one.
Second street wreck was doing about 30 MPH, full riding leathers, low sided my GSXR 750 and slid into a tree. Broke collar bone but that was it. Helmet again was shot but I didn't even have a headache from what I recall. Insurance recouped it for me.
I've had about 6 wrecks on the track with of course full leathers. Never ruined a helmet there. : ) Mine were rider error but never due to me not being prepared for a car. I think I'm pretty vigilant.
My buddy wrecked his Harley about a year ago. He wasn't hurt. A car pulled in front of him and he was able to brake. However he broadsided the door and went over the handlebars just enough to smack his face on the B pillar. Ruined helmet but his face was fine.
I wear reflective vest with riding apparel just to go to HEB down the street. Folks, please wear it no matter how goofy your friends say you look. Most of them text while driving cars anyway. Everyone wants to kill you on a bike, that's the game I play.
Good thread. If you think it's just a bunch of old goofy guys talking crap you're an idiot.