Thread: Half empty
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I live there now , but Florida has to be the most dangerous state to ride in! Maybe it's because everyone is so old (Gods waiting room ) I had an employee at Lowes tell me-Make sure that you wear a helmet because they turn left on Red here! They have Traffic cameras at SOME of the intersections but by then t's too late! Sorry for the rant! As you can tell , someone just turned , after looking at me. AGAIN!!!! Irish

When I went down to Florida this New Years, I looked like an alien.... because I was wearing my gear. (jacket gloves, boots, helmet, heavy jeans) Almost EVERYBODY else was wearing light clothes & flip flops or tennies. About half of the bigger bikes out on the expressway had the rider with at least a helmet. And about half of those were wearing more gear; boots, gloves, jacket etc.

No cagers turning in front of me, but they tended to be slowpokes and rarely if ever used turn signals. Lots of folks with their heads down while driving....texting I'm pretty sure..... though they might have been taking a short nap .... down there in FL it's hard to tell some times.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me