View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #1

Not going to believe this

There I was riding along on my 50cc Kiat MD50QT-3 on the island of Maui... BAM!!!!! I was hit dead center on the left side (I am talking a grill in my face as I turned my head to the left) by a Toyota Tacoma 4x4. Can you believe it, it sent me flying 13 feet from where I was into a parking lot to some credit union. I am working with their insurance company now to get the claim underway, SNAG!!!! I need an estimate for repair and I can use one from online. This is a 2011 Kiat 50cc, they want to know how much the scooter is worth before the accident and how much it would take to fix. I have a vid on youtube. http://youtu.be/p2S3oZMTvaI
the scooter was in good condition, ran strong (4050 miles on the odometer) and had just a little paint bubbleing and the seat had minor damage before the accident. Now panels are broke all over the scooter and the front and rear tires are angled to the right (/) to suggest frame damage. there is about 2 inches of play in the steering as well. the headlight harness was ripped off and the taillight lense was crushed along with the trunk. my exhaust is hanging by a partial bolt from the tailpipe and my aircleaner was smashed. if anyone can assist on an estimate, I would be so happy. I lost my job and I have a new born on the way, I need to get a new scooter with the settlement to get my job back. yup, these are dire times indeed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads