View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #50

She got the wrong french press then. It's easier than a drip coffee maker to clean up. Just pull out the strainer, pour out the majority of the grinds and rinse. It literally should be 30 seconds. Generally all I do is rinse it out. Like a Moka Pot you don't need to scrub every nook and cranny with soap and water. It's not like people wash and scrub their drip rigs every use. I've seen some pretty nasty build up in people's coffee machines and yet it doesn't bother them I guess because they never take the time to look inside their machines but maybe it's because the French Press is so out in the open and visible.

If you're getting excess sediment in your coffee it's because you're using too fine a grind. French Press coffee requires a pretty coarse grind. And again I still don't get the American obsession with not having a little bit of grinds at the bottom of your cup, it's a normal part of the coffee experience the world over. Heck there are entire practices dedicated to reading the fortunes spelled out by coffee grinds at the bottom of your cup.

Login or Register to Remove Ads