View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #3

Thanks!!

The second link said "Access Denied," but the first was good.

I don't think it's valves because the scooter was running GREAT (started instantly and ran strong) until it suddenly wouldn't start.

The owner incorrectly thought it was a carb problem (without first checking for a spark), so disassembled it and initially lost a spring, then on reassembly didn't have the rubber diaphragm right and the needle wasn't in the jet properly, so he badly bent the needle.

I got the scooter and found the REAL problem was the electronic ignition module (there was no spark), and after I replaced it, the coil, and plug, it started very well again, and idled OK but would die if the throttle was opened (the needle was bent and not allowing the carb piston to rise), so I bought a new carb (to remedy the bent mixture needle which I couldn't get locally), but now even w/ a great spark, and fuel in the filter (the new carb came w/ a transparent inline filter) and everything hooked up properly, it spins over (not with GREAT enthusiasm, but fast enough), makes a good spark, but will not start, or even pop. Since it would start with the old (buggered) carb, I have to believe it's something related to the new one which is a also a PD24-J listed for a 125-150cc GY6 engine).

I was thinking the solenoid was a shut-off solenoid, but evidently it allows full rich without being energized, so even with maybe a couple of volts to the solenoid, it should STILL perform. Short of a bad carb ( float valve stuck closed or something) I don't know why it won't fire.

Login or Register to Remove Ads