View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #7

Uhm, I just wanted to chime in and say a little about your plan to use the local bike shop as a demo store and then go and order the stuff online. I think that is definitely unethical and in some sense actual theft. You are going to go to a small business owner who is doing his part to help your community and use the time effort and money he has spent to provide a nice clean place with a knowledgeable staff for you to find what you need. But then, instead of paying for his services by paying the small mark-up he has on his gear you are going to take your business to his competitor and help to insure the next time you have to try something on he won't be there????????? Aren't you shooting yourself in the foot?? Is saving $10-20 really that important to you? One round of return shipping will eliminate any savings. If you are going to buy online leave the local guy out of it completely. Don't go in there and get his poor commissioned staff's hopes up and then walk out the door. At least then they won't feel used. I hope it works out for you but if using the motorcycling community for your own personal gain to their detriment is how you do things in general keep driving the cage.

Forgive me I feel strongly about this, I have a lot of friends in the business... Its good to have a friend in the business and trust me those folks in online stores are not your friends.

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing