View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasdad View Post
Eww..those @#$^! sealed carbs..is that not annoying?? Yeah many just buy a new one in that instance..but as ya found out..you can get those useless shear screws out! As for the pilot jet..should be marked..but many are not. New jet is a #35? I usually find a #38 in 150 carbs. Turning the A/F screw all the way in all the way out..with zero results..means that by you trying to make it richer..you can't..because the pilot jet is apparently to lean already..so you can't make it richer even if all the way out. Soo Sir. I would put the pilot jet from your old carb in the new one..and bet you notice at least some difference AND adjust-ability.. Changing the filter to free flow types does affect even the pilot jet because..it runs on vacuum..and a free flow filter decreases that vacuum. Anyway....let's try this..use the 'old' pilot jet in the carb..tinker with A/F screw and we will see if it gets better. I have faith that it will..
Finally the rain has stopped! So I put in the original pilot jet, tweaked the AF screw and the needle (not all at the same time) and I think it's getting better? Now my scooter stalls when the AF screw is closed so I guess that's a start in the right direction. I used instructions online on how to set the AF mixture and I'm confident it's okay but it still stumbles after mid throttle. I've used different jet sizes from 112-130 and still the same result?? Should I try higher than 130? Could my muffler have something to do with it? I think it came with a custom pipe?? I'm having fun with this and learning a lot so it's not too bad but I really would like to get this right! Hmmmm I don't want to but maybe I'll try to put all the original stuff back on to see how that works out.