View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #3

Thanks Admin, I hope it's that simple.

Update: Just an hour ago I re-installed my battery. Scoot started fine and now the fuel gauge moved, but only a hint above the red zone and I know I have a FULL tank. At first the blinker relay didn't make a sound, then I decided to try the horn. I heard a veeery low whining somewhere below the plastics, then I pressed the horn several times and it started honking like before, then I tried the blinkers and they also worked. Then I shut it off, went to get some groceries and tried again when I returned - no blinkers or horn again!!!!!! Same story as yesterday.. I think it's a loose wire somewhere or something shorts since it's very wet and cold here and I ride it in these conditions the whole winter, but I don't know where exactly to look for a bad wire.. Will it be the switch or the relay under the front plastic?

EDIT: Also, here I read it could be the ignition assembly (see last post). Is this possible?
50cc 139QMB, 7g sliders, manual petcock w/ transparent lines, Naraku CDI, Naraku belt, high output racing coil, 18.4mm CVK clone w/ #85 mj and #38 idle, needle @ leanest, OEM pipe mod, Kenda tires, NGK Iridium, lots of LED mods, 2.61L/100km (90 MPG)

Login or Register to Remove Ads